Please critique my website

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

Brunowa
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Please critique my website

Postby Brunowa » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:54 pm

Hi Guys,

I have established a new website to help out with my side-business. I'm an absolute newbie when it comes to webpages and how they all work but I think I've got a pretty good base.

I'm sure some of you are awesome web designers or know more than me, are there some things that you can recommend for me? Keeping in mind my business is a very personalised and tailored service.

I don't have a logo either but hoping to get something going to obviously help with marketing. Is anyone able to assist in quickly whipping one up?

http://provenpower.com.au/

Would be great to hear any thoughts?!

Saratoga
Clan Leader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Saratoga » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:36 am

Looks good Bruno. Im pretty hopeless at websites also so cant offer much. What kind of logo you thinking?
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

booGz
Clan Member

Postby booGz » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:07 am

Looks pretty snazzy actually. Check out , you can get a logo designed for you through this crowd sourcing website. One of my brothers used them to get a logo made for one of his websites, very impressive and good price (~300 AUD)
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:01 pm

Sounds good Bruno, only thing i'd say is that it is pretty wordy, layout needs to be broken up somehow or abbreviated....

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:07 pm

Looks good to me as a starting point , re-evaluate and add as your business comes in .

As a business , hope you do well as it seems self help type websites and books
are everywere .
I,ve read Louise l hays ( the power is within you ) myself among other books .
Go,s down as you say ( If you believe you can do it , you can ) Self doubt is a weekness to many share .

Good luck mate .

Brunowa
Clan Member

Postby Brunowa » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:28 pm

Cheers guys! Always great to get some objective feedback

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:31 pm

I don't see one mention of your QL skills? In the "About..." section should probably start with something like..."I can rail you faster than you can think and I also woop ass at CTF if you think I'm only about insta...if you think you have what it takes bring it..."?

Seriously though - great start for a first-time site! wd :) I'd +1 to gubs' comments and change the layout of the front page to be a little more palatable for the eyes even though it reads well.

I recommend creating a Contact page and put your phone/email/etc on that. Landline is often good as some don't use mobiles and only having a mobile can throw some.

The about page is very good; succinct info - but if I were a perspective client I'd like to read maybe another paragraph on how you qualify for the services being offered. Not exactly sure what...but maybe some more personal experience that is related other than your acumen? On a side-note I realise the point of mentioning the mobile phone business but it doesn't seem to have the right fit for the site - I'd consider leaving that out? People can learn about that particular aspect if they need once they are a client?

Congrats brunz on everything. All looks great overall.

Brunowa
Clan Member

Postby Brunowa » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:42 pm

great feedback, cheers kplxz

ske7chy

Postby ske7chy » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:50 pm

When it comes to websites, less is more, keeping it simple while still giving all the info needed is all you need for a good website.

Also, there is a few grammar/spelling errors that could do with some attention.

Gubben
Clan Member

Re:

Postby Gubben » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:15 pm

cresh0r

Postby cresh0r » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:19 pm

aww gubben, don't be mean to the kid, he didn't have enough redbull to have perfect grammar.

although his insight on website design kinda shocked me (didn't think he had a brain) :o
new sig coming soon meanwhile..LOK OUT - DIKTEKTIV CRISH ON DA CAS

Brunowa
Clan Member

Postby Brunowa » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:02 pm

I surprised myself too Cresh!

Shit.. now youv' made me all selfconcious a-round my grammer ?!

You are right though :) The benefit of a few extra eyes for proof-reading

cresh0r

Postby cresh0r » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:06 pm

ahha bruno, didnt mean u, meant sketchy, didnt think he knew about anything except cheating :P

overall, its a good base website, better logo and nicer placement on a few little things (and a better footer) could be quite a nice site :D
new sig coming soon meanwhile..LOK OUT - DIKTEKTIV CRISH ON DA CAS

Brunowa
Clan Member

Postby Brunowa » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:10 pm

hahaha... only just saw that :) GOLD!!

ske7chy

Re: Re:

Postby ske7chy » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:47 pm

Return to “Talk Zone”