DOOM 4 Leaked shots

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dv8
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

DOOM 4 Leaked shots

Postby Dv8 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:30 am

About 170 screenshots have leaked onto the web ,
Looks to me that as Doom 3 , the game will be more hype than gameplay quality ,
im giving them the benefit of the doubt but my 2c is that it,ll fail .'
But im sure they gave the same banter before Doom 3 was released .

Unfortunately i think ID have made there best doom games already . :zzz:

http://games.on.net/article/15056/Doom_ ... nshot_Leak
Last edited by Dv8 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:53 am

I have no idea how you can possibly reach a conclusion like that based on a bunch of screenshots and concept art. Looks pretty awesome to me. Doom3 may not have been the gaming nadir that was hoped for, but for a while at least it was genuinely unnerving and occasionally scary.
I enjoyed RAGE and am expecting that I'll dig Doom4 as well. I don't have high hopes for originality or true excellence, but I've accepted that I will never get the same feeling from a game that I got from Doom, Quake or Half-life (with the exception of Half-life 3, if it ever comes. Half-life (all of them) is easily my favourite game and universe).

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:02 pm

Yes , quake , doom and halflife were all very good as was quake 1 and doom 1,2,ultimate etc .

Doom 3 as not just my opinion but forum posts show that it failed and even ID Said Doom 4 will fix what doom 3 was expected to .
Doom,s multiplayer was great doom 3 sucked or i guess u wouldn,t agree with that either .
So as for my opinion , i have also come to the conclusion that everything i say U dislike spud .

Im aloud an opinion , if u dont want me to have an opinion msg Kami and have me banned from the forum and thrown out of PIT .

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:07 pm

that's the saddest whiniest shit I've ever read. Why bother posting on a forum at all if you're so sensitive about being mildly disagreed with.

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:32 pm

I disagree , ive never read a positive comment from you .

"I have no idea how you can possibly reach a conclusion like that based on a bunch of screenshots "

Your reply was condersending , ive seen plenty of great looking screenshots , DOOM 3 , DNF and the games were crap .
Fair comment in my opinion .

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:02 pm

Spud ,
I will apologize for my comment about your negativity , it was uncalled for on my part , so was being banned from the forum etc.
I thought about it after , unfortuantaly on a public forum u cannot take it back .

In my defence im going thru fkn hell atm on many levels , no-ones problems but mine .
I also dont agree with you on Doom 3 , as at the start of the game yes it had atmospere , lighting etc , which i thought this is gonna be great , unforunately for me anyway , the atmoshere and ingame tension didnt amount to anything , instead of getting surprised around every corner i was dissapointed , because the game to me didnt deliver .
And the Doom 4 screens , now its in a city , looks almost resident evil like : im sceptical at best as the silence and anticipation that was captured in the original doom seems to be lost forever , i hope im wrong .

Anyway sry for comment .

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:09 pm

i really liked doom 3 single player
multi was average but single was good
cant wait for doom4

Kimahri
Clan Member

Postby Kimahri » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:17 pm

I do remember buying new underwear after playing Doom 3 with no lights on and headphones blasting :)
So the doctor said that I wouldn't get so many nose bleeds if I just kept my finger out of there! =P

Brunowa
Clan Member

Postby Brunowa » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:23 pm

John Carmack mentioned himself that if Quake 5 was to be developed it would most likely return to its roots and play like the original quakeworld.... Now THATS what im excited for! What other game survives 16years and still has a major online presence? Nice :)

Kamikazee
Admin

Postby Kamikazee » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:17 am

quality reporting here

"The screenshots and conceptual images, depict a far more contemporary setting than the previous Doom titles. Sporting a very Earth-like landscape, it appears the hellspawn will finally succeed in their invasion of our planet."

John Carmack and the ID Team have openly stated that Doom 4 will be set on earth.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:38 am

DV8, no worries. I was a bit confused as to why you took my comment that way, but no harm.

I think if we're all honest, if it wasn't for MP id wouldn't have amounted to anything. None of their single player games are especially good, but you make do. Doom3 did succeed in capturing some of the mood of the original Doom games, it just kind of missed the point (and got somewhat boring after a while). I think the key is to not expect much. The screens for D4 look pretty good, but setting it on Earth is a bit of a cop out - hopefully they don't do what Serious Same 3 did and try and merge it with CoD, but I am expecting them to do just that. I'll still buy it of course.

Massive Graffiti

Postby Massive Graffiti » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:15 pm

Doom 4 was bound to happen. I'm still wanting to RAGE alot more, now that zenimax owns boths ID and Bethshida, I can sense more apocalyptic type games comming from ID software join bethshida productions.
Don't be bitter, be better. "Think Rich, Look Poor"

Return to “Talk Zone”