should Australia become a republic...

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Should we depart from the british empire?

Yes - damn brits!
80%
No - The British empire is where it's at!
20%

Total votes: 5

Kamikazee
Admin

should Australia become a republic...

Postby Kamikazee » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:30 am

So with Kevin Rudd 'focusing' on trying to get Australia to become a republic thank actually doing anything esle (like fix shit thats broked), do you think Australia should hold a referendum to become a republic.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success

Leone
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Leone » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:22 am

Who said he was "focusing"? As I understood it the whole thing was on the backburner while they actually tried to fix (or appear to fix) stuff that's going on. Talking to the Queen about it doesn't count as "focusing" ;)

Kamikazee
Admin

Postby Kamikazee » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:43 am

by 'focusing' i ment its part of his plans at some stage :P Ie not in this term.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success

..ME..

Postby ..ME.. » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:28 pm

we had a referendum a few years back, it was shot down wasnt it, 70% saying we should stay the way we are....
Long live the =PiT=

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:05 pm

will it make any difference or will it just waste a lot of money with nothing really changing ?

i dont htink it will make stuff all difference. so i dont know why we would bother changing!
long live the P U T E Y ! :)

Sammus
Clan Member

Postby Sammus » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:08 pm

Galactic Empire ftw.
Signature.

Greatbloke
Clan Member

Postby Greatbloke » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:34 pm

Absolutely we should be a republic. We are now adults, time to grow up and leave the Mother country.

No more hanging on to apron strings, I want an Aussie head of state, not a foreigner.

SHIFTY Howard rigged the last referendum by splitting the Republic vote into different varietys of republic.

Leone
Clan Member

Postby Leone » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:43 pm

Basically the public got shitty because they want to be able to vote and that split the republicans (the other half wanted Parliment to choose). Since the President would just be a figurehead...who gives a crap? I'd prefer it if the public didn't vote, that way Ray Martin or some other celebrity will never become President :)

Greatbloke
Clan Member

Postby Greatbloke » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:05 am

I agree 100% Leone.. if we vote for a president - or whatever he will be called- we'll get a politician.

Much better to have a well respected unbiased person chosen. .... or at least the parliament could nominate a few that we could then vote on.

Return to “Talk Zone”