Storms claim my pc

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
..ME..

Storms claim my pc

Postby ..ME.. » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:32 pm

:cry:

turned it on and after about 2mins there was a flash outside, the screens go blank and the pc turned off, i reboot it and everything on the screen is funny colours, hmm i think, maybe the graphics card is fried... before the boot sequence is over the screens go dead again but the pc doesnt turn off, i hear the log on sounds and what not, after a sec i shut it down and i hear the log off sound... seems like that was the last to i hear that, i unplug the graphics card and make sure its clean, little dusty but nothing seems out of the ordinary, plug it back in making sure its secure, try to boot up but nothing happens, the green LED by the northbridge glows and the HDD light starts pulsing red, turn it off and swap HDD and plug the ram into the other slot, change the graphics card and the same thing, the power supply does seem to be working and is supplying correct voltages but because it has funny plugs being a compaq slim station or some bs i cant swap it with a different one without butchering it

any ideas.. do think insurance will cover it.... or should i just go cry.. whats worse is that im capped meaning its going to take hours to redownload my stuff for uni for my exam on monday...
Long live the =PiT=

GURU
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby GURU » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:35 pm

bugger! :(

if other people have had electrical stuff fried who live very near by u may be able to get i claimed form the power company.

my sister had a heap of electrical stuff fried in her house and they got it all replaced for nothing from the power company!
long live the P U T E Y ! :)

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:47 pm

Insurance will cover it but they won't pay up tomorrow so there's no chance of getting anything by monday. I take you don't have a space card lying around to make sure its video? I've never hear dof the power company paying for that kind of stuff but I guess it's something you can try. Chances are you'll end up getting a new PC out of it once insurance pays up, so at least there's a bright side :)

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:44 am

from memory about 6 people who lived in the same street all got heaps of stuff fried and they all got ther stuff replaced from the power company but it did take a little while ! like a month or 2 . :(

..ME..

Postby ..ME.. » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:34 am

yeh i have got another graphics card and im going to give that a go today some time, managed to find a backup of my uni stuff so im set there, thank heaps for the offer toga but i should be sweet...

have to convince mum to ring suncorp lol
Long live the =PiT=

..ME..

Postby ..ME.. » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:11 pm

well i got my pc running again here is a list of the damage

PSU - works sometimes but not others
RAM - same deal, when i boot it says insert RAM and other times its fine
Graphics card - gone....
Mobo - a bit sketchy - the agp slot no longer works but the onboard graphics works - see picture

thanks again for the offer toga but it seems i dont have a use for graphics cards lol i tried other vid cards and the system doesnt boot

dad isnt willing to try and claim on insurance so ill have to get mum to try lol
Attachments
screenie1.JPG
I have updated all the display drivers and this is all i get :(
screenie1.JPG (71.54 KiB) Viewed 2752 times
Long live the =PiT=

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:14 pm

if i were u , i would try another psu and see what happens! b4 i do anything else.

..ME..

Postby ..ME.. » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:40 pm

that is with a new psu :(
Long live the =PiT=

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:29 pm

bugger , u r screweed then. :(

Rusty
Clan Member

Postby Rusty » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:59 pm

I feel you pain there m8... :(

Once I lost the following in one hit
- 3.2ghz p4
- 4x200GBs + all data
- intel 875p boad
- powersupply

Return to “Talk Zone”