Violent Soccer

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kamikazee
Admin

Violent Soccer

Postby Kamikazee » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:02 am

heh

Our social team had its semi-final yesterday afternoon. It was at Melba against Burns. We play in the lowest division (9), and are a pretty good team. We had 3 official refs - 1 ref , 2 lines. It got pretty dirty to start with....

As a goal keeper, you have the hardest job. You have to put yourself between the opposition and the goals, putting your body on the line to save.

I chased down the ball ... and all i remember was being 1m from teh ball and the other player being 2m from it. From what i've been told, i had posession of the ball and the other player swung his boot. Kicked me in hte head and i did a 180 backwards... only to be booted in the ribs from another opposing player. I was unconcious for approximatly 2minutes and from my partner said, i wasnt responding at all. No penalty was given and i had saved the goal.

From being dragged off the field and driven to CAMU-D (canberra area medical unit - duntroon) would of taken 15 to 20 minutes.. i remember 30 seconds tops. At one point in car, i was trying to work out what year it was, and what time of the year.... Until told otherwise, i was out by 3 months.

I just got discharged from hospital, and i still have to go back in tomorrow to get x-rays. At the moment it looks like ive broken the 10th rib.

So - concussion, head injury, broken ribs and not even a penalty... we are contesting that game and submitting my medical report.

I feel like i've been hit by a bus... my head aches and i cannot move without my ribs hurting like hell.

Moral of the story.... is winning a sports match really worth risking the life of an opposing player and putting someone in hospital?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success

jof
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jof » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:18 am

..ME..

Re: Violent Soccer

Postby ..ME.. » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:57 am

Long live the =PiT=

disgracian
Clan Member

Postby disgracian » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:28 pm

Cheers,

GURU
Clan Member

Postby GURU » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:36 pm

i have been knocked out a few times playing aussie rules , knocked silly a few times also.

had 9 stiches [total] in my top lip, inside an out ! unconscious for 30 seconds ! spent night in hospital!
another time i was knocked silly and walked off at half time asking whether it was the end of the game or half time! i couldnt remember what it was! another night in hospital!

spent a few other nights in hospital in finals for footy! but i played the whole game in both !
got kick to the head in the firsts [start of teh last Q] and got shirt fronted [early 2nd Q] in the seconds! took me 2 quarters to come good in the 2's and played the whole last quarter in the ones in noddy land ! i asked my brother in law who watched it, if i looked like i knew what i was doing ! he said u looked ok! amazing really!

yep it is sure is worth it but!

one time playing cricket i got hit just about everywhere in the one match.

in the head, ribs, arm, back, legs toes ! but the fucker didnt get me out! till they cheated next week! but it was only the last home and away match!

just part of the game! sometimes it goes too far but... like this time kami!

well we r in A grade this year so it will get pretty nasty i think in cricket this year.
so we r prepared for a torrent of abuse!
long live the P U T E Y ! :)

Greatbloke
Clan Member

Postby Greatbloke » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:29 pm

LMAO Jof.

disgracian
Clan Member

Postby disgracian » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:54 am

I got yorked on the bone behind the big toe twice in one innings once. I didn't feel a thing the first time except for a warm fuzzy numbness, probably because of the shock, but it was probably the one that did all the damage. The second time, however, it just exploded in pain.

Moral of the story: Use the fucking bat.
Cheers,

blink
Admin

Postby blink » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:53 pm

And...harden the fuck up.
You and your red fabric robe, glasses and peace pipe in your mouth for that damned split second!

disgracian
Clan Member

Postby disgracian » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:39 pm

Cheers,

Leone
Clan Member

Postby Leone » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:02 pm

Never got knocked out when I was goalie...but managed to do it once on a plastic slide with water/detergent on it. Yeah, I can slide down that standing up....ooops! Don't remember much of the quarter of an hour after that! Bad luck on the rib though...that's nasty. Still, this should get you off any physical work for a while :D

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:31 pm

you should get a letter from your doctor telling your missus that frequent head will help you heal better. You're in the army, shouldnt be too hard to get such a letter.

jof
Clan Member

Postby jof » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:42 pm

Get yourself a free boob job while your at it. :D

Leone
Clan Member

Postby Leone » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:09 pm

You should be able to get frequent head in the Army? Is that what you're saying Spud?

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:11 pm

so the ads have lead me to believe

Return to “Talk Zone”