sailing trip

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
target
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

sailing trip

Postby target » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:05 pm

hey all,

I been away for just under two weeks as my father just bought a new sailing boat in Brisbane and we flew down and sailed it up to Cairns QLD. There was me n him n one his mates and we sailed stright threw day and night and it took about 8 to 9 days as we were out very wide just out of Australian waters for a chunk of it. Never saw land for 6 days and that plays you a little when I storm comes in lol We had 3 days of f@ck all wind and that's why we took awhile getting up here. Then on Wednesday about lunch the devil awoke and for anyone that has seen "point break movie" The 50 year storm hit Bodie! F^ck me there were waves that were 3 to 4 floor units high. Just massive rollers really thick and thank god not really breaking just rolling threw in water about 2Km deep. Winds were about 30 to 40knots and starting to shread out head sail (front sail) So all hands on deck and we had to take down all 2 saild and only place a small storm jib on the front of teh boat. A small sail just enough to power us to head in our dirrection but not to big to lean us over or tear apart. So My old man is as much of a sailer as one can get thank god as he is a sail maker and sailed in many open ocean races and to other contries. So he is like get up there and hang on and pulll down the sails and i am like you f*cken serious if we have no sails up and these massive waves go by side on like they are we are going for a roll over man and we are out so far no radio works or phones. To add we have a blow up toy boat for a life raft lol
He says no trust me get them down, now normally me n the old man battle for dominace to the lion cub taking a shot at leading lol but in this area I new if I was going trust anyone he would know.
So with the sails up we are taking these monsters that came out no where side on and with the wind we are rolling and leaning 70 degree over sometimes.
So anyways I get the sails down and f*ck me he was right, the boat stood straight up and you would see these monsters coming at us side on and think dam brace for inpact and the wave would life the boat and just roll under us. I could sat on deck with a cup coffe and lunch it made such a change. So I placed teh small storm sail on and me got forward motion and rode out there. It lasted about 5 hours of this shit till it died down. Apart from the few days of dead sailing with no wind most the other times were ok with some good windy days testing your endurance but was a great learning experience.
I have only sailed boats inshore to local reefs and never done open water sailing and more so all my time on the ocean is on power boats spearing.
SO I have had a new adventure and learned a few things while I was out there.
We are doing mods to teh boat over the next 7 weeks to add things such as a real life raft lol and cover over the driver from teh sun and stroms and such. Also auto pilot to stear in teheasy weather to make life nice.
In 7 to 8 weeks we are sailing the boat to Thailand Phuket. Depending on wind it will be around 3 to 4 weeks or so to get there. We are sailing stright threw again with maybe a stop once a week at night to have a good rest and give me an hour here and there to jump over on the remote reefs to get fresh lobsters and fish spearing. Going to be a real adventure that one and I plan on having my camera and video cam for that so should be good.
I got to get the video camera as I got a few small snips from brisbane to cairns. I will edit them down and link them to here for you to osee. I never took my normal camera as I could not find the charger as i need get another as might be left in Bali the other month lol
So give me a day or two and I will add video. Not sure if we filmed big seas or not.
One thing but out there so far away from life it gives you a lot of thinking time for better or worst lol

BUSTER
Clan Member

Postby BUSTER » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:06 pm

Wow :o sounds like an awesome experience you had Target, Fuck id be shitin my self.
OOPS DID I ASK FOR SOMETHING?

Leone
Clan Member

Postby Leone » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:27 pm

Gees, you can keep that adventure all to yourself T. I'd rather fly any day :)

Greatbloke
Clan Member

Postby Greatbloke » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:11 pm

What an exciting life you lead mate. Make sure you get good pics of the pirates that attack you on the way to Thailand.

Return to “Talk Zone”