Douglas Adams on evolution

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
spud
Wiggles

Douglas Adams on evolution

Postby spud » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:40 pm

This is one of the most interesting talks I have heard/read. He talks about a lot more than evolution, and has some very interesting things to say generally. This speech is actually quoted in The God Delusion.
There is a link to a podcast that has the whole speech given by Adams himself. It is a fair investment of time; the talk itself goes for 70 minutes, but I'm sure it would not take anywhere near that to simply read it - the choice is yours.

I hope some of you are willing to have a go because it raises some excellent discussion points :)

Dv8
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dv8 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:36 pm

Yer , the world that fits us all so perfectly .
And he talks as if he was around to know how "early man" came to the conclusion of a god .
typical evolutionist a theory for the sake of having a theory , because believing in a creator is unsientific.

Thiers no discussion here as ive learnt previously views are biased and one sided ...

I believe the world is to well ballanced to be the result of blind chance ...

i also believe as science progresses they will eventually conclude that their is a creator ...

btw i read he,s still revered in science fiction and fantasy circles ...

cheer,s ...

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:06 pm

Here is a series of discussions on the subject (basically) of science vs religion, a 2.5 day series of conversations called "Beyond Belief". It brings together many well known and respected scientists and philosophers to discuss this issue. People like Dawkins, Steven Weinberg, Lawrence Krauss, Michel Shermer, Paul Davies and Sam Harris are included.
Each of these videos are very long, so don't go in looking for a quick fix. If you can spare the time you will hear some thought provoking ideas and discussions.

Leone
Clan Member

Postby Leone » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:26 pm

Wasn't there a new radio series of Hitchhikers?

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:49 pm

will check out some of those vids , cheer,s ...

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:48 pm

lol ......... back to teh created vs evolved hey dv8

oooohhhhhhh fuck it i cant be bothered!

BUSTER
Clan Member

Postby BUSTER » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:28 pm

lol scummy
OOPS DID I ASK FOR SOMETHING?

Kamikazee
Admin

Postby Kamikazee » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:31 pm

:shitfan:
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success

Greatbloke
Clan Member

Postby Greatbloke » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:24 am

Sounds interesting and entertaining Spud..

Return to “Talk Zone”