Jury Duty

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

blink
Admin

Jury Duty

Postby blink » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:44 am

Looks like I've got called up for jury duty in a couple of weeks :(

For anyone who's done it before - What's it like? How many days were you there for? How do I get out of it???
You and your red fabric robe, glasses and peace pipe in your mouth for that damned split second!

GURU
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby GURU » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:43 am

my misses got one of them too, a few weeks back. its for some time in the next 6 months.
long live the P U T E Y ! :)

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:40 am

when they are asking you the questions to see if they want you on the jury, just sit there and jerk off furiously - that should get you out of it ;)

Greatbloke
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Greatbloke » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:18 pm

I've been asked three times ... never answered as I was too busy ... nothing happened about it.

I would love to do it though.

Greatbloke
Clan Member

Postby Greatbloke » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:18 pm

I was only 18 the first time I was asked.

..ME..

Postby ..ME.. » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:05 pm

my mum got called up one time; she works in a school tho so she just phoned up saying she couldnt go lol; if u do end up going in there is another lottery; u might be lucky and not need to stay all the time but if u do u can ask the judge to be excused due to "potential bias"
Long live the =PiT=

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:15 pm

Last edited by SCUMBAG on Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

pinkpussy
Clan Member

Postby pinkpussy » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:17 pm

disgracian
Clan Member

Postby disgracian » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:38 am

Cheers,

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:13 am

kanonfoda
Clan Member

Postby kanonfoda » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:00 pm

Did I just say that?

blink
Admin

Postby blink » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:40 am

Oh well, I may as well just go down there to see what's it like...at least I'll get to see if the courts are as corrupt and inefficient as I imagine them to be!
You and your red fabric robe, glasses and peace pipe in your mouth for that damned split second!

..ME..

Postby ..ME.. » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:49 am

during high school i did legal studies; near the end of year 11 the class's went to brisbane court house to see the law in action; well needless to say our teachers didnt say that there were metal detectors at the front door... a couple of mates had to sit at the front of the lobby all day becuase they had there woolworths box cutters in there bag (they had work that arvo). when we get into the hallways i seen someone wearing one of those funny wigs and thought that that would be a good trophy... followed him into the lift with half the class; as he walked out of the door i grabbed his hair; turns out that the fucker grew his hair just like the wig; ended up nearly punching everyone in the lift for laughing (including the teacher). We walk into a courtroom, im first because the teacher didnt want me pulling anyones wig off, i walked straight into the courtroom and someone further back shouts something; the judge looks up, stops the case because i didnt show respect and bow and had the bailiff remove the class. nothing else too event full the rest of the day apart from some fella on trial who couldnt remember his age lol.

have fun blink :P
Long live the =PiT=

Leone
Clan Member

Postby Leone » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:55 pm

lol...you'll have no problem getting out of jury duty ever ME! :D

..ME..

Postby ..ME.. » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:06 pm

lol that was the time that i was studying to become a lawyer/barrister lol; change of plans; engineer now :P
Long live the =PiT=

Return to “Talk Zone”