Curious on opinions

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kev88au

Curious on opinions

Postby kev88au » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:16 am

This thought crossed my mind the other day and i'm curious to think what everyone else thinks of it...

It's mainly about cheating and hacking in quake 3. I play clean, and admitedly I get a few flukey shots but there are times when people constantly pull them on me. time and tiem and time again... I'll have a rocket already coming at me when I come out of a teleporter (and it's far too precise to be just random teleporter spam, especially where the actual teleporter is in the next room).

and yeah to my original point. Every game of mine is automatically recorded into a demo file, Do you think it would be imoral to download a hack (one that is ancient and PB will catch) and watch my demos with a hack on, knowing that you can't play because PB will ban you...

Just be interesting to see whether people see that as cheating (somehow)

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:02 am

It is amusing that when people get owned they start crying "BOT!". Q3 is 7 years old, FA people play it anymore, there really is no point botting anymore. All the little bot scripty nerds have moved on to games where there is enough people to get pissed off at their botting.

If you feel the need to donwload a hack for whatever reason, do it, no one will really care. I don't really understand what you are trying to accomplish by watching demos with a hack turned on, but cut sick mate, bot it up a notch :D

pinkpussy
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby pinkpussy » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:04 am

Nah download the hack and see what happens. I've never used one (just incase you couldn't tell HeHe :)) but I would LOVE to have a killing spree with that little extra help. I dont see many people botting online anymore (mostly cause they get kicked) but like Spud said - after 7 years people are sometimes just amazingly good. I get cranky at Mikey sometimes for tearing my butt up on Q3 and accuse him of botting but in reality people will always have more skill or a better computer than you :D and that's the difference between 1st and last place ;)

Get that bot and feel like a winner HeHe

Kamikazee
Admin

Postby Kamikazee » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:46 am

Do you want a copy of my bot? or just google for it "dielots.bot" ;)
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success

Hadoken
Clan Member

Postby Hadoken » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:12 pm

Bots on 1.32 are basically non existant - And the majority of actual working bots Or ( Hooks ) nowdays will not operate on a pure server - And those few that will operate on a pure server have tell tale signs built in that alert other players/admins to there presence.

Just admit that you suck Kev :)

kev88au

Postby kev88au » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:26 pm

haha hado :P... you know that I play clean!...

but I was just curious because like you said, they either don't work or are obvious when people are using them....
Quake is the only game I play (yeah, i'm fun arn't I) and however good (or shit as hado thinks :P) is just from having my arse frozen and watching everyone else play when i'm dead and then try to learn spam tactics XD...

Mikey
Clan Member

Postby Mikey » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:53 pm

kanonfoda
Clan Member

Postby kanonfoda » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:04 pm

I know where you are coming from kev! Every server I join is chock a block full of cheats! Can't wait to play a server were I can compete. ;)
Did I just say that?

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:42 pm

hey Kanon, tell ya what; I'll set up a server and tie my wrist to my shoulder. But I'll use Kami's name....

kanonfoda
Clan Member

Postby kanonfoda » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:52 pm

Did I just say that?

Kamikazee
Admin

Postby Kamikazee » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:43 pm

The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success

bandit
Clan Member

Postby bandit » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:50 pm

Return to “Talk Zone”