The God Delusion

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

Dv8
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dv8 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:23 pm

np spud you dont have to respect my opinion , but lol at my posts becomming insulting as you,ve said nothing about
previous attacks on me because you dont agree with my opinion .
And spud im not here to convert anybody , the post was the god delusion , if poeple dont want opposing arguments
dont make a debatable thread ?
Last edited by Dv8 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:18 pm

I don't want to live on this planet anymore

Brunowa
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Brunowa » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:39 pm

But you know whats funny.. What is being battled out now on this forum has been battled out for centuries and it causes war.... Different religions and different beliefs are a major factor in wars..

Therefore my conclusion is that religion has destructed this world

Gubben
Clan Member

Re:

Postby Gubben » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:30 am

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:27 pm

"you belong to the group that believes"
point taken

" Look how fucked up we are "
using our intelligence to build nukes is not a measure of our supremity , as said before " the devils" in the detail
its not a fail , man turning away from god is a fail imo .

"Jesus was his son... so right hand angel is not the correct term"
he was an angel before he became a man and headed for earth , he was at gods right hand .

" Condescend much "
sorry not intended , but the above question about jesus being an angel before he became a man showed you have no knowledge
of the bible , previous posts showed you have no knowlegde of its aurthors or beggining or message for that fact , so i fail to see how the majority of ppl reject it who have "no idea" of its contents .
Also Evolution , if ppl actually looked at evolution in any depth , from co-evolution / natural selection / fossil record , to the so-called beginning of protiens , amino acids and single celled organisms i cant see how ppl can come to the conclusion we evolved when its a frikkin impossibilty .
If ppl look around this planet and put it down to an accident well i certainly cannot change there minds , there is order everywere from what i can see .
Richard Dawkins = Fail , i mean an evolution biologist without a job he has alot to defend ?

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:30 pm

"just like two peoples view of a coin can be as different as heads or tails. Both are right and both are wrong at the same time"

both views can be vigourosly defended but only one can be right .

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:09 pm

The coin paradox implies one can't be right.

Denying evolution seems like you've done just as much research into that as I have into the bible :P

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:37 pm

"both views can be vigourosly defended but only one can be right ."

Thats my point though, there isnt only one right

If you ask two people what the coin looks like you would get two different answers if they were looking at it from opposite sides. Its an example of the duality or multiplicity of the universe and not one answer is always the complete answer. So they are both partly right and partly wrong if they are dogmatic and stubborn about what it looks like...

"using our intelligence to build nukes is not a measure of our supremity , as said before " the devils" in the detail
its not a fail , man turning away from god is a fail imo"

um what? as said before what devil in what detail?

"Condescend much "
sorry not intended , but the above question about jesus being an angel before he became a man showed you have no knowledge
of the bible

Where did i ask about jesus being an angel before he became a man???

I dont claim to have a deep understanding of the bible nor of evolution dv8. I am neither a theologian nor a scientist. I am a film maker. On the other hand you have claimed to have done your own research and have come to your own conclusions (because you dont follow the pack right?) and i've previously asked you to clarify what that was, which you havent done. I would like to know what evidence you found to provide those conclusions you so adamantly proclaim as fact.

I suspect there isnt any real evidence to believe we humans are any more special or supreme than dolphins, leopards, hedgehogs or dogs. We simply emerged after the demise of the dinosaurs. This planet is special. If anything the idea that it is a self regulating conscious organism makes a lot more sense to me, and if we worshipped it as the creator of (our)life, i think the world would be a better place. Believing that God is some dood in the heavens who loves us to armageddon and back, (and btw he's cooler than your god) is the cause of a whole lot of on going misery.

Now that we are in the technological age and approach the notion of interplanetary travel, I'd be curious to know how you God fearers would feel if what you believed to be a second coming in fact turned out to be aliens from another galaxy and not the almighty entity that you believe it to be? You have to admit that that could be a possibility? A superior or more highly advanced civilisation (the Hoovids for example) seeded human life on this planet? It would make sense. Indigenous folk live with the earth and nature. Modern man seems to want to sterilise ourselves away from the natural environment. Maybe we are not from here and thats why...?

It is just as plausible as the God Delusion...

hardy

Re:

Postby hardy » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:26 pm

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:46 pm

" Where did i ask about jesus being an angel before he became a man???"
"I thought Jesus was his son... so right hand angel is not the correct term"

OK you didnt ask , but saying angel wasnt the "correct" term when in fact it was , needed correcting .
No offence intended , its in the bible , just putting up whats there as ppl have no awarness of .

"i've previously asked you to clarify what that was, which you havent done."

Im really not going to collect research together to serve it up here . Its time consuming and really i dont think it,ll sway ppl towards belief in a creator anyway , ppl have the right to there own opinion , i just find it time wasting ppl arguing for evolution when they really havent looked below the surface or whats been served up in school .
Google it , just how impossible it is for so-called protiens /amino acids to form the very basic single celled organisms , then go on to co-evolution / ecosystems / the fossil record its all their for all to see .
Ive looked at Alot , Alot of research / material and ive come to my own conclusion , again if ppl believe life came from
non-living matter , if there comfortable with "there" conclusion all well and good that doesnt make you any worse or better than me .
In the end (if) there is a god he knows the world we live in and the confusion around us and we wont be judged harshly for not believeing .
The bible makes it clear that (god) knows what the heart is/regardless of belief ....

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:01 pm

ie. Too long, didn't read. Must be Jeebus :P

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:24 pm

" In view of such harmony in the cosmos which i ,
with my limited human mind , am able to recognize ,
there are yet poeple who say there is no god .
But what makes me really angry is that they
quote me for support of such views "

Albert Einstein

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:37 pm

I don't deny there MAY be a higher being. I do deny that it's some white bearded, toga clad hippy with a book of rules to live by. If there is a higher being it's something far beyond our current capabilities to comprehend.

In the same way we realize that we are on a scale, from quarks to atoms to cells to solar systems to the universe. I don't think we really know where we are along that scale... we could be absolutely ANYWHERE. That scene in MIB when there's a galaxy inside that cats collar, admittedly ludacris but the concept of us being like that 'marble' is not too far out of the realm of possibility, food for thought at worst.

But yeah, the arrogance of being deathly certain of the bearded hippy version of that is very destructive as far as advancing as a species. It tells us "Fuck it lets not look for the answers or evolve (not strictly in the traditional meaning of the word), lets let some douche-bag invent something to appease our terror at not knowing everything because it's easy and comfortable"

I apologize in advance if this offends, but that's how I feel.

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:21 pm

"I don't deny there MAY be a higher being I do deny that it's some white bearded, toga clad hippy with a book of rules to live by. If there is a higher being it's something far beyond our current capabilities to comprehend."

lol amen . But who said "white bearded, toga clad hippy" you,ve been looking to hard at leonado da vinci,s paintings as have alot of ppl . Paintings in churches / rituals / clothing are all very deceptive and have no foundation in scripture at all .

it aint a book of rules , the facts are if ppl lived by the words of jesus the world would be a very good place to be , not just that
its a book about who we are , why we are here and what the meaning of life is , with eternity in view .

Another point to ponder is everybody while so-called celebrating the crusifiction/resurection of jesus at easter is in fact
celebrating the pagon god of fertility(estera) hence the eggs , same as christmas celebration of a sun god . Ancient pagan festivals which have nothing at all to do with the bible or christian worship , i know thats off track . but i doubt anybody has any idea of how some religion's actually mislead ppl away from the bible .

Inkorp No offenece taken man .
Last edited by Dv8 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4rez

Postby 4rez » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:23 pm

Last edited by 4rez on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Talk Zone”