The God Delusion

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

kidToni78
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The God Delusion

Postby kidToni78 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:50 pm

kidToni78
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re:

Postby kidToni78 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:52 pm

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:14 pm

"Lift the stone and there you will find me. Split the wood and I am there"

Get followers to pay for massive multi-million-dollar structure with one purpose

kplxz

Re:

Postby kplxz » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:21 pm

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:23 pm

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:25 pm

hardy

Postby hardy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:29 pm

kidtoni's been brainwashed!

kidToni78

Postby kidToni78 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:35 pm

it really depends what religion you are talking about man. there aren't many priests who are sexual offenders, those are just the ones that you hear about because your not religious? therefore usually you only hear about priests on the news, and that's the kind of story that makes the news.

"kidtoni's been brainwashed!"

lolz no i'm not a member of the church personally i only support non-organized religion. the point i'm trying to make is that there are far more priests out there who AREN'T the way your describing them than there are. it's just that nobody is going to talk about the good priests because it doesn't make a good story...

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:47 pm

"understanding...tolerance...acceptance...."

+1

Agreed sifz , we have made a choice based on our own gleening of avaliable material ,
We are all trying to make sense of this world , but above all tolerance for all but religious extremists
should be shown , that doesnt include priests who molest etc , they are the worst type , again if the church
allowed them to mary maybe it wouldnt be a problem , dunno , no-where in the bible does it tell ppl not to mary .

Religion is the bibles biggest problem unfortunately evolution is not imo .
I dont go to church as said before , i have attended different churches in the past , but man
is corrupt religous or not .

My best verse in the bible is 1 Thessalonians 5:21
"prove all things; hold fast that which is good"

That includes the bible and churches .

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:10 pm

My best verse in the bible is 1 Thessalonians 5:21
"prove all things; hold fast that which is good"

sounds like science :)

kplxz

Re:

Postby kplxz » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:23 pm

kplxz

Re:

Postby kplxz » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:24 pm

kidToni78

Re: Re:

Postby kidToni78 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:35 pm

Gubben
Clan Member

Re: Re:

Postby Gubben » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:35 pm

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:21 pm

i know gubs but you left it out there so i nabbed it :P

as for your point - so you're saying that scientists are self-absorbed? or that they are so narrow minded or have such tunnel vision (these things are otherwise known as ignorance) that they have absolutely no idea that their discoveries may be used by the evil doers of the world? while they may well be ignorant of many things, i highly doubt this :)

i work with many scientists...have done for a few years now. 99% of them are definately not stupid i can say that much lol

most of them know that if they ever say boo about what they are doing or try and rock the boat their funding would be dried up faster than they could say "i take my money from corrupt sources so i can enjoy a life doing what i want getting paid damn well".

scientists know what they are doing. many of them willingly research facts for debunking or disproving things they know are wrong just so they get their safe salary and holiday houses.

anyway...let's just say for a moment that einstein was completely unaware of what he was doing cause he missed some details somewhere (lol). then the bomb goes off. not just once but twice. children burnt alive and children burnt to near death running around alive screaming. let's also say that in those days einstein knew other scientists...cause he did. let's just say that he and his scientist friends weilded some power in the community at large. did they use this power in protest after the atrocities? did they go on strike until the criminals that committed mass murder were arrested? did they do anything other than peep in the corner somewhere about the value of goodness in the name of science or some such rubbish? no.

aka the scientists are just as evil as the priests who sit by and let their peers do what they do to children. they are corrupt and totally selfish. sure 10% of them are rockin along outside this group but that's humankind's legacy to this date so nothing new there.

imo i thought all of this and so much more would be obvious but i've learnt most people (not you gubs) either don't know or just don't want to know what's going on in the world.

one day i was in the war memorial in canberra. i wandered around looking at all the artifacts and plaques and so on. i already knew that WWI and WWII had been funded and setup by the bankers and the organisation they really work for. there are many declassified and public documents stating the facts. as i was leaving i bumped into one of the managers. i asked him where the details about the funding of the war were and other questions. the guy said he was not aware at all of the information. he was suprised and was going to look it up.

today anzac day goes on...the same bankers that funded it are never mentioned by the politicians in their speeches...cause their sons and daughters are largely funding them!

anyway...science...ffs...of course it has it's logical purpose. but life is not just logic and won't get us far if we use it as a driving force or guide post. it's hellishly young in reality and knows very little about most things. so it has it's place as does an understanding of life beyond the 5 senses. and in fact the study of life beyond the 5 senses is much, much older than the study of phsyical science. interestingly enough when the church wanted to get rid of people practicing witchcraft they put out propoganda and fear driven nonsense to justify their actions. the same thing goes on today....a lot of powerful people have a lot of money and more invested in the project of keeping people in fear or in judgement of anything beyond the 5 senses.

anyway ill stop blabbing now... :P

Return to “Talk Zone”