The God Delusion

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SCUMBAG » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:23 pm

it would make a change from u sayin armageddon raped on ql :P

Noobitor
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Noobitor » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:38 am

yer armageddon lag raped lately :(
Live to Gaunt
Gaunt to Live

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:07 am

I find it odd how so many people consider Christianity to be just one thing. That being the "mainstream" version. A church...a priest...dogma...etc

there's no concept of corruption of the original material...or that priests in general have no idea themselves...or that the dogma side to it all was never passed on by "Jesus" (which is not his actual name in fact)...

i agree with the scientific approach to learning...but the five senses are not the only things we can use to learn from...that's why science which only uses those things as a basis of fact...generally suffers...and history shows it. science says one thing one decade and another the next. i know it's a process of learning. but it's funny how science says "this is a fact" then with a new discovery that fact becomes a mistake. i think there are mistakes/assumptions and there are relative truths and also absolute truths. i've heard it described as a ladder...climbing up through the relative truths to the next absolute truth. i have to say though, without reading up on what humans have written down on this subject makes it hard to talk about with someone. thousands of years....100000x books....and so many of them written by esteemed people that were only known for one thing. like William Yeats and Rudolf Steiner; Yeats known for his poetry but he also wrote about and researched the Cabalah, amongst other things. Steiner is now known for his school system that is now used in a lot of countries, but not as many know he knew Yeats and was around the same people and wrote about similar fields of research. when bruce lee studied with the shaolin temples he studied spirituality (that is what they teach alongside martial arts...). rasputin's history is another example. there's so many of those kinds of examples.

let alone the fact that science over the centuries has been dominated by external factors like "the church"...and these days not only the church but the corporate organisation that owns almost every serious lab and uni in the world or at the very least can influence it with complete ease....

using a scientific method can also include observation and comparison. it's something for one person to say something that can't be proven physically, so when a real comparison can be made with another person discerning the truth becomes much easier and can also become factual. imagine how nikola tesla would've felt with his discoveries of zero point physics if he was alone...he had people like heinrich hertz around though to compare and move forward with. then there are things like what is thought and where does it come from or what are ideas etc.

i really like the discoveries made in the material plane but i also really like other discoveries and knowledge about other aspects of life. it's through these types of things that i've learnt there is in fact a reason for everything and as for the who made "God" question...to me it's a principle based thing...but also something that isn't ideal to talk about with people who aren't open to those ideas.

@Dv8 - thanks for saying what you have in this thread with so much grace; it's a shame to not see it returned at times.

ske7chy

Postby ske7chy » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:35 am

I love this thread. I'm about the biggest atheist you will ever meet. ^_^

Saying proven science is wrong because a book says so is just stupid.

Gubben
Clan Member

Re: The God Delusion

Postby Gubben » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:19 pm

a little titter...
Attachments
557392_326620457399284_320017194726277_892021_620484145_n.jpg
557392_326620457399284_320017194726277_892021_620484145_n.jpg (25.75 KiB) Viewed 2264 times
550112_324386657622664_320017194726277_886110_698619740_n.jpg
550112_324386657622664_320017194726277_886110_698619740_n.jpg (49.28 KiB) Viewed 2264 times
539319_326616890732974_320017194726277_892013_496540829_n.jpg
539319_326616890732974_320017194726277_892013_496540829_n.jpg (29.62 KiB) Viewed 2264 times

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:36 pm

ima gunna print that last sign and stick it on my front gate

right next to the one that says .....
fuck off ya bible bashing delusional cunts ! or I'll let my dogs out :cussing: :shoot:

kplxz

Re:

Postby kplxz » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:39 pm

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:46 pm

there is a form of Christianity that does not teach the "you go to hell if you don't do what the bible says". as i said many posts ago...if God is everything and God is love...then where does evil come into it?...something is awry...almost like a gruop of people are using people's fears to control them? maybe the vatican? maybe a pope or popes* and the people around them at the time figured they could control people using religion...make a few tweaks to the bible...remove a couple of the books in it...voila...?

free will is key...allow humans to be good only? or maybe have to know bad to know good? duality...singularity...principles that most don't even spend a moment thinking about for themselves for their whole lifetime...

"I do not respect your right to impose your beliefs on me"...."fuck off ya bible bashing delusional cunts ! or I'll let my dogs out :cussing: :shoot:"

so we should impose that instead? lol

each to their own there's no doubt. :)

Noobitor
Clan Member

Re: The God Delusion

Postby Noobitor » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:57 am

An old Aborginal tale of creation and Opal is my favorite
that way back in the dreamtime when god created the earth ,and landscaped the country a bit and added some life and stuff ,that when the creation was finished , he/she/it walked around the outback for a look around and the ground turned to opal in the footsteps, as a reminder of the magic of creation and life .

The latest theory from science is all the Opal fields in Austalia ,are in the Artesian Basin and formed about the time of the KT event and are probably a result of the global climate change and chemistry change occuring in the basin because of that event.
Opals seem to be made from all the biogenic silica trapped within sediments of gondwanaland freshwater lakes.
A rich compost of decayed organic matter formed and builtup in the basin over millenia ,but a sudden souring of water of the freshwater inland sea because of the KT event and associated earthquakes and faulting , allowed chemical conditions to convert the biogentic silica into opal silica for a unspecified period after .

Biogenic silica is a byproduct of Life ,plants are made from it ,our hair and nails are mostly made of it.
Its whats left when everything dies and rots back into the ground ,and has a different spectral signature than the mineral silica , which is the most abundant minerial in the earth and ground water .

Most organic things petrify when conditions are right ,which is the minerial silica atoms replaceing the atoms in the wood or bone.

But because of the KT event causing a lot of destruction and change in PH of the water in the Artesian Basin ,Instead of pettrifying things ,In very certain places it opalized things out of the biogenic silics trapped within the sediments.

If this is true then we can say Australian Opals really are a byproduct of all the life of gondwanaland .

But personnely i like the piece of the creater spirit , in stone , left to remind us , story :)
Live to Gaunt
Gaunt to Live

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:08 am

KT event?

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:38 am

Get with the times Gubbs ... that's when KT & the Sunshine Band toured 65 million years ago, they were so loud and terrible that Jupiter, the solar systems bouncer, hurdled a huge 'rhoid into Earth wiping out 90% of live attending the gig.

Oow... that was KC, my bad :D
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

Noobitor
Clan Member

Postby Noobitor » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:21 am

oops ,my bad ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cretaceous ... tion_event

Queensland Opal is the rarest with about 5% of Australia's yearly production and this stone is a very famous one from the Jundah Fields ,called the Galaxy , mined by Silky Joe in the 1980's

Live to Gaunt
Gaunt to Live

Saratoga
Clan Leader

Postby Saratoga » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:39 am

I got a stunning 19 gram black opal, my late mother mined it herself. The mines owner was fkn super pissed cause he missed it.
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>

Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

Noobitor
Clan Member

Postby Noobitor » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:03 am

Nice one Toga ,thats quite a large stone at 96 carets ,and black opal is worth the most of all the Opals :)
and I just noticed wikipedia got the info about the Galaxy stone totally Wrong and say it was mined in Brazil.
It wasn't ,it is Queensland's most famous boulder opal , and i've seen in real life!

To see the opal mine it came from type Opalville into Google earth or google maps ,will zoom you in there .
And the story goes that Silky Joe was working by himself at the time with a bulldoza and only found one half the rock , the other half lost somewhere in the mullock dump :roll:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opal

k back on topic :)
Live to Gaunt
Gaunt to Live

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:24 am

be carefull kplex you,ll be branded the new henry phox :-)

Jesus" (which is not his actual name in fact)
yeshua/jesus was his name on this earth / immanuel above it .

shivers did i just make another post .....oH No.....

Return to “Talk Zone”