The God Delusion

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

Flyphe
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Flyphe » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:58 pm

Didnt say he was a twat, im talking in general.
Cod3r

INKoRP

Postby INKoRP » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:40 pm

ITT: Butthurt and PFFTFTFTFT

Thank you.

Dv8
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dv8 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:28 pm

"typical fuckin bible basher answer"

that answer was spot on and not bible bashing either ?
I dont consider myself a bible basher either , this thread titled "THE GOD DELUSION" by dawkins is a direct attack on christianity ,
no body but dawkins ( no other Evolution biologists ) is so pig headed about his so called beliefs , so yer ppl will stand up for what
they believe in .
I doubt blink has done any research as well as spud , and saying our arguments come from creationist websites is a crock , ive looked at many sources and creationist websites are further down the list , if i do look at them i research what they are saying not take it as gospel .
The Creation story obviously cant be proven no more than evolution can be , science is trying hard with evolution because it wont put it down to a creator , fair enough , but the great thing is that it will be answered in our lifetime .
Bible prophecy points to our time as the last days so yes ppl alive today will witness all prophecy fullfilled , if not the bible is not true
period .
to me that is fantastic that this generation will find out weather a believer or not , yes if it doesnt happen we will have egg on our face. the bible has a timeline from creation to the end , we are at the end so 2000 yrs of ppls beliefs all come down to our time .
No i dont want to sound like "the end is nieh" but christianity will be a total failure if these prophecies do not come true . Will i still believe in the bible , no ...
Do i have faith that they will happen , yes .

Clearly you are ignorant +1 , yes looking at one website and copying/paste doesnt equate to research ...

hardy

Re: The God Delusion

Postby hardy » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:34 am

hardy

Postby hardy » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:39 am

Yeah sorry John, no offence to your beliefs mate i have always just been one to question the whole debate in general calling everything bullshit lol. Truth is i certainly don't know so my mind is always taking an agnostic approach on things in a generally confused fashion. :)

Im more looking down the lines of blaming people in power now days lol..

Flyphe

Postby Flyphe » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:58 am

KONY 2012!!!

that kind of thing hardy? :P
Cod3r

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:20 am

Yes hardy , unfortunately , big business ie (Catholic church) and other cults/religions prey on ppls beliefs .

Thats were ppl need to look into that religion , what do they teach ? Do they get there beliefs from the bible ? Do they
twist the bible to benefit their teachings ? What about assets , how do they make there money ? etc etc .
Ive looked into a couple of religions and am not happy with what ive found/see .

np on the bible bashing , its no wonder ppl have that view . :wink:

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:19 pm

If "genome" (similar to me trying to "disprove" creationism by telling someone to research "god") or any other example trotted out really did disprove "evolution" then the scientist who made the discovery would become a creationist (and let's be under no illusion here; if such a discovery is ever made you can bet your house that it will be a scientist who discovers it, not a creationist). And so would every other scientist who read his research (unless you're completely out of your mind and wish to propose a world wide scientific conspiracy to hide the truth). The funniest thing I ever encounter in these arguments is when a creationist tries to use scientific knowledge, discoveries and theories to validate his own view. Truth is that genetics is the smoking gun that proved science killed creationism. Also, there is no such thing as an "evolutionist". The word exists solely for the purpose of giving the creationists an imaginary foe to attack. No scientist identifies themselves as an "evolutionist".

The simple fact of the matter is, if the bible (any bible) is right, if all the creationists are right, then EVERY FUCKING SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINE is wrong. Do you fools just not grok that or something? If creationism is right then physics, chemistry, biology, paleontology, genetics, medicine, cosmology, geology, and every sub-discipline in science is also wrong. If creationists are right then every scientific discipline is founded on grounds so shaky that the electronic devices being used to participate in this thread should not work. You cannot escape that, it is just the simple truth of the matter.

I know I've posted this before but no one ever tried to counter it. The easiest way to determine the validity of pretty much anything objective is to ask yourself "how much money can be made from this idea?". Even the briefest consideration of this question should demonstrate the absurdity of pretty much every paranormal claim ever made. Let's skip the obvious cases of psychics, clairvoyants, remote viewers, and other similarly stupid claims. Let's look at the pet love of this thread; religion. Religion makes it money through violence and fear, always has. You go to war, destroy your religious enemies, steal their shit. You instill the fear of hell (or the religious punishment du jour) in the population and they pay to avoid that fate. Used to be a lot of money in it back before people realised what a lot of money was. Where does big money come from these days? Oil - I can guarantee that no oil company consults a priest/ouija board/psychic/creationist on where they should drill for oil. How do they determine where to drill? Electronics - ditto. Weapons - ditto. Real money comes from scientific discovery, the scientific discoveries that many people here seem to so completely misunderstand to the point where they think they can dismiss a (major) theory of a single scientific discipline without addressing the millions of other discoveries that rely on science being correct.

Oh yeah, to those who felt I was speaking to them directly with my last post - I wasn't.

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:35 pm

The simple fact of the matter is, if the bible (any bible) is right, if all the creationists are right, then EVERY FUCKING SCIENTIFIC DISCIPLINE is wrong.
NO , Whoever said all scientific discovery is wrong ? dont put words in our mouths , science has learnt some things we all use scienceto some degree , the creation of antibiotics one example .
And also not all scientists agree with each other , that is a false claim that anybody can see to be such .

And if evoluitionist isnt a word then creationist isnt a word either , surely where past word play .

Luv ya spud :banghead:

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:37 pm

well, if evolutionist is valid does that make someone who believes the theory of gravity a "gravitationist"? Theory of Relativity adherents are "relativists"? I mean, they're all just theories right? It says so right there in the name. Creationist in entirely valid since it describes a stand alone top level belief. Evolutionist is an inane word choice as the theory of evolution is a part of biology which is itself a scientific discipline - no one believes just evolution by itself without context.

I did not claim anyone said scientific discovery is wrong. You completely missed my point. It's all the funnier that you use antibiotics as the example for your refutation.

I also have never claimed that all scientists agree with each other. It's almost redundant to point out that you are saying I shouldn't put words in your mouth while doing so yourself one sentence later. But of course this is a pretty standard tactic - focus on the minutia of the argument rather than the larger point. The reasons for doing so are obvious, but that does not make them valid.

Also man, I know this is the internet and all, but it's much easier to take someone seriously when they organise their thoughts into paragraphs and make use of good grammar and correct spelling. Pretty much everyone else has managed to do so. I'm seriously not trying to put you down on this one, just asking you to put some effort into it.

Flyphe

Postby Flyphe » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:42 pm

Spud, clearly you havent looked up what I mentioned. Or if you did then you didnt understand it and also dont understand the theory of evolution. I am not going to waste my time with you. If you do understand the theory of evolution then researching the 3 things that I mentioned previously would got you thinking slightly. You are still hung up on the fact that you think that a supposed "creationist" cannot have scientific proof of any kind. Evolution cannot occur and will not occur. You would know this, if you had looked up what I mentioned.

Dont want to leave things in an angry fluster so peace.
Cod3r

Flyphe

Postby Flyphe » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:44 pm

Cod3r

kidToni78

Postby kidToni78 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:56 pm

Flyphe

Postby Flyphe » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:02 pm

Cod3r

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:10 pm

"I also have never claimed that all scientists agree with each other."

"if such a discovery is ever made you can bet your house that it will be a scientist who discovers it, not a creationist). And so would every other scientist who read his research"

To me thats saying any scientist who reads the research would agree with the scientist putting the research out there ?

'Also man, I know this is the internet and all, but it's much easier to take someone seriously when they organise their thoughts into paragraphs and make use of good grammar and correct spelling. Pretty much everyone else has managed to do so. I'm seriously not trying to put you down on this one, just asking you to put some effort into it.'
Yes it was an attempt to put me down otherwise it would of been overlooked ppl arnt that stupid spud as to not see that ,
You may as well come out and say , this guy believes in god but cant spell .
I could go back and disect your posts to look for spelling errors etc if you want me to ? I dont play that way , you do .

You had a go at me before as well , because i said( i wouldnt contribute anymore) and then u said (We all knew you would ppl like you cant keep away) (ppl like me) ?
But this is ok " will not be participating in the creationist/evolutionist debate any further once I've pressed the 'Submit' button."And then went on to call me a troll , for doing excactly as you are ???

Yes and ive refained to tone down my post pfft...

Return to “Talk Zone”