The God Delusion

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

Flyphe
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Flyphe » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:01 pm

Spud, do you believe in evolution? If you do then research the following.

1 - Genome
2 - Allele
3 - Law of entropy

If you have done your research you will know this already and understand that evolution is theory not fact. I personally understand where atheists come from (so to say) as i was one, however i now believe in God as certain events occurred in my life to change my "thought process". Anyway, you can have your perception of life and so can i. I respect you for your understanding and wont try to force my beliefs on you as its wrong to do so. I enjoy having a proper discussion on the topic as it is interesting however this thread should be locked as 90% of people really dont know what they are talking about, you seem to be well informed and would probably agree with me, seeing the people (whom dont know what they are on about) is rather tiring. Something we must all remember, dont look at religion as being what the extremists perceive it to be as. Actually do research into what the proper religion believes in otherwise dont make a judgemental accusation or stereotype from a quick glance or whathaveyou. (Not directed at you spud FYI).
Cod3r

kidToni78
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The God Delusion

Postby kidToni78 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:12 pm

kidToni78

Re:

Postby kidToni78 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:29 pm

blink
Admin

Postby blink » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:56 pm

Agree with spud. Debating with creationists doesn't interest me... all of the arguments I've seen here (many of which are outright deceitful in their intents) have been debunked elsewhere. The only reason I read this thread is I find it mildly interesting to play the 'spot that logical fallacy' game with creationist claims. There is a broad covering of creationist claims on talk origins if anyone is actually interested in learning something.

Certain things do piss me off - such as creationists telling others to educate themselves on topics which they themselves are completely illiterate. As a random example, Flyphe claiming entropy as proof for evolution. If you think entropy proves creationism, the only thing it demonstrates is that you have no idea what entropy is or what it describes. There is

Then there's the trying to outright dismiss entire disciplines of scientific research (dv8) based on a small handful of data points just because they bulldoze your entire flimsy world view. Of course radiometric dating can give you different results under specific conditions, just as using any tool can give you the wrong results when misused. However, radiometric dating has been demonstrated to be accurate (with error bars of ~1%) in multiple independent studies using different techniques. The half-lifes of radioactive isotopes don't change just because you need them to.

Let's not even get into the big bang stuff...

And kidToni, please stop saying "evolution is only a theory", as if it's some huge zinger. See
You and your red fabric robe, glasses and peace pipe in your mouth for that damned split second!

kplxz

Re:

Postby kplxz » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:05 pm

kplxz

Re:

Postby kplxz » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:08 pm

Flyphe

Postby Flyphe » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:13 pm

Blink, clearly you didnt understand what i wrote. I never said entropy proves creationism, i never said i supported creationism. all i said was evolution is still theory and if you think otherwise your an idiot. the 3 things i mentioned are PROVEN FACTS. Are you trying to argue science over science? Clearly you are ignorant and are assuming i know nothing and am some religious nut blabbing crap. You have no understanding of evolution whatsoever. LOOK UP WHAT I SAID, then, LOOK UP EVOLUTION, then put 2 and 2 together. Unfortunately, i am forced to be blunt with you.

DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST, DONT BE AN IGNORANT TWAT.
Cod3r

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:14 pm

Last edited by kplxz on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

kplxz

Re:

Postby kplxz » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:18 pm

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:22 pm

Flyphe

Postby Flyphe » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:23 pm

it was actually more about 3 A.D sifz.

just sain...
Cod3r

kplxz

Re:

Postby kplxz » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:30 pm

Flyphe

Re: Re:

Postby Flyphe » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:33 pm

Cod3r

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:38 pm

your call but imo calling someone an ignorant twat in this thread like that is way over the top

Flyphe

Postby Flyphe » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:58 pm

Didnt say he was a twat, im talking in general.
Cod3r

Return to “Talk Zone”