The God Delusion

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

kplxz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The God Delusion

Postby kplxz » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:53 pm

Brunowa
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Brunowa » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:31 pm

To me, religion is kind of simple. To me it makes perfect sense why people would create Religions. To debate whether there is a 'God' etc will always go on so I'm not going to even go there. However, to say that there is the 'one' God and that no other God's exist is pretty silly, when we have loads of Religions all fabricating different stories and saying their God is the 'only' God. What ever happened to Gods like Apollo? Oh yeh.... After thousands of years science kind of just kind of made sense of how we are here and how the sun keeps life on Earth by gravitational forces.

Religions are great in that they create belief and hope in people and a way of life. Buddhism is absolutely fantastic and such a great way of life, but no I'm not Buddhist. I've grown up in the Western culture where our way of life has been set by Christianity. Our laws are based around this. I'm not a Christian either, but I've got nothing against Christianty, I'm all for it because it does have great principles to live by and its served us well for centuries. But I don't believe in a super power... that is simply mankind creating a higher purpose to life and to 'police' people in their way of life ("you will be judged, heaven and hell"), and once again our laws align to this.

We've never been able to explain our existence, so the only explanation is a God... so maybe it is true that Jesus was sent down by a super power to once again 'show us the way of life'? But hang on, why then do so many other religions exist that say they have a God and no others exist? And that they believe their way of life is the true way to eternal happiness?

Something doesn't add up... oh wait, except for the fact of the matter that mankind DID make up religions.... and the fact that its been thousands of years since most of these were created where through most of that time transferring knowledge has been absolutely through dismal technology... writing some thoughts on a length of stone... I guess if its written in stone it MUST be true..

There have been some great super powers though, the Churches... they've done a great job at 'spreading the word'... and making a motza while they're at it. As I mentioned above, I've got nothing against Religion as ultimately if there was just one Religion and one 'way of life' the world would be a better place. However because before technology was updated and continents and countries didnt know that each other existed, different Religions were created to build the beliefs, the hope and the way of life. Now the issue is all Religions are fighting for dominance, and that means that because peoples ideals of 'ways of life' are so vastly different, we cant understand each other and its causing wars.

Beliefs are something so fundamental and extremely EXTREMELY hard to change... hence why the battle of God, religions and all the above will be around for eternity. Until science, technology, and all the above start to dispell all those thoughts. Thanks Apollo.

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:08 pm

fuck it

kplxz

Postby kplxz » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:09 pm

Spirituality, esotericism, occultism, systems of belief, religions...all these things need a lot of study. 20 years of dedicated study often cannot do them justice. Many of the greatest achievments in humankind's history were achieved by people who were, during their lifetime, actively involved in one of the above.

Dan Millman (gold olympian - author of The Way Of The Peaceful Warrior) is one example of a person who has written some very interesting material on this subject from his own experiences.

Of course it is not easy to filter through all the nonsense and find material that is relative to one's study...but then again it's not meant to be easy!

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:48 pm

lol @ spud :)

Gubben , it is very clear you have never read the bible or know of its authors or origins , it is written by 40 authors and made up of 66 different books , bible meaning little books , over a period of some thousand or so years , so from ppl who didnt even know each other or even in their vicinity ,yet when you read it from old to new testament from beginning to end it , from the old testament it clearly has a beginning and end , a timeline , prophecies written hundreds and hundreds of years about the birth of jesus , and hundreds of prophecies already fullfilled by jesus .

Im not going to go around in circles about this with ppl who have no idea about the bible .
As for god having a beginning , even scientists say we only use 10% of our brain , i believe it is at present beyond our comprehension , and the bible says after armageddon all will be revealed , the bible only go,s from creation to armageddon .

I agree some things are hard at present to comprehend in the bible , and our existance the perfection of our planet is proof enough of intelligent design , not natural selection , what the hell is natual selection a non proven copout .
If ppl believe that life started from nothing (no-life/non-existance) i dont hold it against anybody .
But ecosystems etc etc do not happen by accident the beuty of our planet is an insult to say it happened by a series of accidents and mutations .
The bee for instance is responsible for keeping 1/3 of the planets plants alive , so what evolved first ? Co-evolution my ass spur length adapted to the lengths of the bee's evolutionary tongue ? But nature apparently selects spur lengths for either the humingbird or the bee oh ffs ,nature doesnt select jack shit , nature cant select it doesnt have a brain ?

http://www.nature.com/hdy/journal/v100/ ... 1061a.html
hypothesis , hypothesis , hypothesis ...
Again evolution to me is by far a much further stretch of the imagination than a creator , especially even as u said gubs ppl feel a change comming a social change you said , the bible predicted this from what jesus said about the end of this system , it is called armaggedon .
Armaggedon is not about god destroying man its about god saving man from himself .
Last edited by Dv8 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:50 pm

btw gubs i love ya man my posts are in no way a ridicule of u ...

Brunowa
Clan Member

Postby Brunowa » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:40 pm

Who created god

hardy

Re:

Postby hardy » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:53 pm

Brunowa
Clan Member

Postby Brunowa » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:55 pm

The answer is man

hardy

Postby hardy » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:35 pm

hah, your right. :P

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:50 pm

Gubben wrote:
"Knowledge is passed down from parents to children, and teachers to pupils"
"Were you born with the knowledge of God? Or was it handed down, no doubt through your parents, if not the church?"

No gubben both of my parents are atheists as are both my brothers and my sister ,
No one mentioned a god to me i would,ve been between 5-10 when i saw the wonder of the
world and formed my own belief , i didnt pick up a bible till about 19 .

"If i am not mistaken i think man and ape share 98% the same dna."
"the sun contains all the basic elemental building blocks for a human being. this kind of scientific pondering is superfluous imo. soz gubs."
+1

Gubben wrote:
What still baffles me is that what you refer to as God, didnt write the bible, men did.

The bible has one mindset behind it , men only penned what they were either told to wright
or witnessed . It is impossible for men that lived in different centuries and locations to wright
differnet chapters of a story , which is essensialy what the bible is , one book .

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Re:

Postby SCUMBAG » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:37 am

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:43 pm

"adults believing in god is the same as children believing in santa"
I guess you have a degree etc ?

Because as previously posted i,ve asked doctors , my bother in law is an organic chemist who works at the RAAF base working on afganistan IED's etc amongst other proffesionals i've asked , who have said they believe in god .(not all but yes 2/3)
So dont play the spider man comic bs , you if like you can insult my inteligence , but i can assure you i am a very intelligent person regardless of what ppl may think ...

And as you put it
" the fuck (god)" DID NOT create cancer/aids or poverty do i really need to reply to that , you are kidding me right ?

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:45 pm

dude lighten up ....
it was a pisstake
dont take shit so serious !

4rez

Postby 4rez » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:36 pm

Return to “Talk Zone”