The God Delusion

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

Leone
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Leone » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:55 pm

Spaghetti Monster....natch ;)

Mikey
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Mikey » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:02 pm

Why would I also spew some dribble on my beliefs spud? No-one cares, nor should they. Your post is comically indicative of your argumentative style and displays a general disregard for any varying opinions. If you think that your postings, or any postings in this thread, have miraculously helped someone understand their reality you're clearly delusional. There are, and will always be, believers and fanatics on both sides of the argument (even on this forum) and to be caught up in this mind-numbing debate with each side attempting to prove/disapprove and/or discredit one another is anti-social and beyond my tolerance level. This thread is about a book...

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:17 pm

wow, I really didn't think my post had the necessary sting to ellicit such such an outraged response. You are correct on one thing, as far as posts or opinions like yours I don't have any regard or respect, and nor should I since you clearly have no respect for others opions either. If, as you say, I am delusional and the rest of us are just spouting dribble about a mind-numbing debate, why would you bother posting at all? Seems pretty pointless of you to do so.

disgracian
Clan Member

Postby disgracian » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:37 pm

So, what are the alternatives Mikey?
Cheers,

Mikey
Clan Member

Postby Mikey » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:03 pm

I posted because some of the bs posted here tended to evoke a response instead of giving an opinion or proving a fact (reminiscent of other religious threads that the pit has hosted). We don't have to respect each others opinions, but carelessly rehashing or ignorantly misinterpreting what I have typed does not make your opinions any more worthwhile.

Dis, what do you expect me to say. Would you like me to propose an alternative that you can spend most of your day trying to disprove or link me to other suitable slabs of text with no clear resolution. Alternatives can only be limited by your imagination, science has proven that.

jof
Clan Member

Postby jof » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:22 pm

I always avoid religious debates. You can't argue with faith.

..ME..

Postby ..ME.. » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:11 pm

now all we need is henry back and well have a golly time wont we :P
Long live the =PiT=

Leone
Clan Member

Postby Leone » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:25 pm

Greatbloke
Clan Member

Postby Greatbloke » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:54 pm

Attachments
2007-01-15+--+science+vs+faith.png
(74.41 KiB) Downloaded 883 times

disgracian
Clan Member

Postby disgracian » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:03 pm

Cheers,

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:50 pm

For myself, the issue is not about changing peoples minds, I am fully aware that you cannot change minds. But, the thread is not just a religion vs science argument. If someone who is religious actually has the minerals to state something along the lines of "I believe what I believe - deal with it" then fine, I'm not going to debate them, in fact, good luck to them - whatever floats your boat ey? That is not what happened in this thread. Dv8 did not make a such a statement, he came in and attacked, all guns a-blazing. As you point out Mikey, the thread is about a book, and until Dv8 jumped in with his very poorly informed opinions it was just a thread like any other really. And just to be clear, his opinions were the worst kind of drivel, only very marginally more informed than Henrys were - he lied and got called on it so he moved on to all the usual rhetorical ploys and logical fallacies, which is what the majority of our posts were aimed at - calling his poor arguments, calling his bullshit and for the most part linking to pages that contained information relevent to the points he was trying to make.
Anyone who comes to a public forum and makes posts like Dv8 did is going to be taken to task by me (and on this forum by GB and Dis as well), beause, just as (for some undisclosed reason) you appear to be angered by our posts, so too were we angered by his posts, and posts like them (such as Henry's).

Leone
Clan Member

Postby Leone » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:11 pm

Ahhh I miss Henry.

NOT!!!!!!!

Greatbloke
Clan Member

Postby Greatbloke » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:42 am

I just came across this streaming BBC Doco called War on Science.

It'll be nothing new to the likes of Spud or Dis, but if you're interested in "Intelligent design" you might get something out of it.

http://www.vidipedia.org/Special:Video/224

There are other educational videos listed there - on various topics - that look interesting too.

disgracian
Clan Member

Postby disgracian » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:27 pm

You there Mikey?
Cheers,

Greatbloke
Clan Member

Postby Greatbloke » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:14 pm

Oh BTW that Doco, covers a bit about irreducible complexity and the Flagella argument.

Return to “Talk Zone”