The God Delusion

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

disgracian
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby disgracian » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:11 pm

Agreed spud. I think I'm going to let this thread die a natural death. Its potential for anything edifying is more or less zero.
Cheers,

Dv8
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dv8 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:04 pm

Sorry their quotes from dawkins not me , Out of context , obviously want me to quote everything ?
So everybody go to dawkins for the answers .

Creation makes more sense than life starting form non-living chemicals always will im afraid ...

believe whats you,s choose i,ll believe want makes more sense to me ....

Post is dead ...

Kamikazee
Admin

Postby Kamikazee » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:44 pm

... i need to clean my scanner

But jeez ... that bible sure does give good advice.. i might try this passage...
Attachments
Ten Per cent.jpg
lol.
Ten Per cent.jpg (31.51 KiB) Viewed 3568 times
Last edited by Kamikazee on Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:09 pm

heheh, nice one Kami.

That post reminded me of this site:
Hard to believe people take this book seriously...

Greatbloke
Clan Member

Postby Greatbloke » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:09 pm

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:30 pm

disgracian
Clan Member

Postby disgracian » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:43 pm

I'll finish off with this question, only because I know it won't receive an answer:

Dv8, show us all the mountains of evidence that prove Biblical creationism. Arguments against evolution do not count, you have to show evidence to support your beliefs, not question or disprove something else.
Cheers,

Greatbloke
Clan Member

Postby Greatbloke » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:06 pm

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:10 pm

I would be interested to see you post a link to some credible creationist research that isn't a misquote, quote out of context or deliberate obfuscation of the actual truth. You won't be able to because no such thing exists. I know your creationist websites like to claim there are 1000's of creationist scientists out there, but they are never named, links to research articles published in reputable scientific journals are never provided (because none exist), and actual credentials are never published. There is only one high profile creationist with any sort of university level science education - Duane Gish, and his credibility is so thoroughly trashed that most creationist organisation dis-avow any association with him nowadays.

As for Disgracians post, the reason it will go unanswered is because it is actually impossible for dv8 to provide such evidence as it does not exist. Therefore the only recourse available is to try and "disprove" evolution. Let's look at that: the only available form of argument available is to attempt to discredit the opposition rather than defend your own position. This of course is achieved by attempting to discredit people doing actual research, with actual scientific educations, and actual intellectual reputations, generally by picking through published papers for small snippets that can be quoted out of context.
Let's just pause and consider that approach from the other angle. Scientists in general do not bother to do this to the bible (the ONLY canonical text available on the subject) because they have better things to do with their time, but philosophers and metaphysicists have been doing this for a long time. It is a farcical text, and, based on the creationists own criteria of what constitutes evidence, has been disproven again and again. Not just from a logical or theological point of view but also from a historical point of view. Since creationists realise (at least subconsciously) that they cannot maintain a credible debate on the subject of scientific biblical truth, they basically change the playing field to something where they can mislead, obfuscate and outright lie about in order to convince other equally uneducated people that they are correct.

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:10 pm

The bible has been proven historicaly accurate and propheticaly accurate ...

Your asking science to prove the existence of god , a science that is forever changing ...
btw many scientists cannot explain many things and what they cant explain they theorize ...

Look if you,s believe evolution thats ok by me ... to me its an impossibilty ... the odds are against it ...and im not the only one with that view The bible has sold more books than origin of species could ever hope to , whys that ?

Because man is spiritual , something thats in our genes ...
you,s evollutionists are spiritual you might not have the balls to admit but you,s are

The bible does say god will make himself known in our time , according to the signs jesus gave so either
evolution is right or creation is , we,ll have to wait n see ...

disgracian
Clan Member

Postby disgracian » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:24 pm

As predicted, absolutely nothing.

And for what it's worth, evolution and spirituality walk hand-in-hand for me.
Cheers,

Necroscope

Postby Necroscope » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:01 am

bobchiken

Postby bobchiken » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:21 pm

:P
Attachments
futility_01.jpg
(65.46 KiB) Downloaded 732 times
I'm putting the "sensual" back into "nonconsensual"

Leone
Clan Member

Postby Leone » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:57 pm

Got rapture?

Hahahahaha@Necro!!

Leone
Clan Member

Postby Leone » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:58 pm

Return to “Talk Zone”