the forum theme

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

grrrdian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

the forum theme

Postby grrrdian » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:41 pm

i just want the opportunity to say (hopefully without offending anyone):
with all due respect, the theme on these forums is absolute f'ing rubbish.
light grey on dark grey on very dark grey/black. wow. just wow. l2contrast!

and it seems changing themes in user control panel is disabled.

with love
grrrd

(again, no offense to anyone, just making a point as emphatically as i can =d)

Saratoga
Clan Leader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Saratoga » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:02 pm

Your wright grrd, looks to much like a dark & gloomy Quake PiT :)

Kami & Blinkeh have been too busy porkin teh girlies, protesting the government, saving the world and that sort of shizzle ...
A 2nd theme hasnt been done...

.... aahhhh tiss home sweet home.

besides... ide :puke: if I had to stare at another white, blue or cream forum.
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

booGz
Clan Member

Postby booGz » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:44 pm

lol toga, you have such a way with words...
I WOULD MUCH RATHER PLAY IN A TEAM OF WINNERS THAN IN A WINNING TEAM !

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:47 pm

lol F1 booGz

Kimahri
Clan Member

Postby Kimahri » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:17 pm

haha Toga's always got something gold to say :D
So the doctor said that I wouldn't get so many nose bleeds if I just kept my finger out of there! =P

Kamikazee
Admin

Postby Kamikazee » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:02 am

noted. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Does anyone else agree other than toga?

Grrrrrrrrrrdian, the current theme is alot better than the old theme, and the reason why changing the theme is disabled is because we don't have a secondary theme setup yet.

I do have a plan to setup a different theme, but I currently have a shitload of other stuff to deal with at the moment and its at the absolute bottom of the priority list; which isn't to say that it won't happen, because it will, just not yet. My focus on these forums at the moment is merging the original forum database that dates from 2002-2006 into the current one.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success

blink
Admin

Postby blink » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:13 am

i like the current theme :) it's easy on the eyes (at least to me) and pays homage to the old pit forum theme (some of the new pit guys would probably have never seen it).
You and your red fabric robe, glasses and peace pipe in your mouth for that damned split second!

sags
Clan Member

Re: the forum theme

Postby sags » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:51 am

i think this theme is great, don't change a thing.
or just give ppl an option if its easy enough to do

booGz
Clan Member

Postby booGz » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:08 am

I think this theme is fantastic. It's easy on the eyes, and, it sets us apart from other forums...

Brunowa
Clan Member

Postby Brunowa » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:36 am

Perfect theme... Grrrds on drugs

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Postby SCUMBAG » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:03 am

awsome theme
grrd.............wtf......just wtf!

wots ur forum look like :P

grrrdian

Postby grrrdian » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:25 am

cmon, you can't objectively say its easy on the eyes, when its grey on grey on grey.
thats not easy on the eyes, by definition. gotta have contrasting colours to make it highly legible (and easy on eyes), not shades of the same colour.

anyway, seems majority of you love the theme, fair enough. would be nice to have the option to change theme though, pretty sure phpBB comes with some default themes?

booGz
Clan Member

Postby booGz » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:38 am

Its easy for me to read... is your computer in a poorly lit room?

pooGz
Clan Member

Postby pooGz » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:03 am

Isnt that where all PiTorians are meant to live?

grrrdian

Postby grrrdian » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:19 am

sorry, im not going to argue whether grey on grey is easy to read or not.

anyway, just a simple request for alternate themes to be enabled in user cp. phpBB comes with a default theme, not sure about other alternate themes.

<3333 pit

Return to “Talk Zone”