5%
Shining Forces
5%

Total votes: 155

Gubben
Clan Member

New Map Pool for AiM ictf comp

Postby Gubben » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:54 am

Sorry to make you vote again. Please disregard the previous map pool vote and do this revised one thanks :wink:

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SCUMBAG » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:05 am

i think b ass seige should go !

grrrdian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby grrrdian » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:59 pm

i can't believe duelling keeps is in the poll, for a 5v5 comp.

also, dunno if base seige is suited for comp play. too many spawns in base. you have to kill people on the way to enemy flag, kill them when they respawn in front of you in their base, take their flag, then kill them again on the way out, and hope they spawn behind you on your way out.

alternatives: stonekeep (new map, good for 5v5), industrial accident (old school threewaves map), SPIDER CROSSINGS (why not in pool?!?!)

anyway, i've voted ironworks, siberia, jap castles, reflux and (because no spider crossings) shining forces =D

KiLotr

Postby KiLotr » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:08 pm

duelling and basesiege are some of the most played in the ictf community, they're if you wish, "endurance" maps where is not just steal and run. I like them exactly because they're not easy maps and perseverance is key on them.

SCUMBAG
Clan Leader

Re:

Postby SCUMBAG » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:42 pm

thekfish

Postby thekfish » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:51 pm

japanese castles yay!

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:33 pm

Maps that are not in the pool, sorry.
If maps that suck said long black things make it in the pool, they can still be discarded on the day of play as two maps are tossed by team captains.

Management will make the final decision and there is always the possibility that a 'wildcard' map will be thrown in the mix, so standby 8)

anomvoltz

Re: New Map Pool for AiM ictf comp

Postby anomvoltz » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:27 pm

Pfft. Theres alot of us that like dueling keeps and basesiege aswell. So yeah. Not everyon ehas the same shitty taste as you grrrd :)

ske7chy

Postby ske7chy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:04 pm

Duelkeep is a lot harder to cap so it makes for more intense game-play and different strategy.

Siilva

Postby Siilva » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:13 pm

anomvoltz

Postby anomvoltz » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:30 pm

If you don't like dueling keeps don't vote for it. I'm sure if you want to run this thing Gubben will let you.

grrrdian

Postby grrrdian » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:42 pm

pfft people like base seige and duelling keeps coz its just kill kill kill... theres no strategy at all.
people jump in, start killing, and thats it.

then, when thrown into, say, spider crossings, its a whole new ball game. coz you need to know what you're doing, attack routes (attack low? high? multiple attack routes by diff team mates? sneak in from tunnel while someone distracts from lg area?), where to support depending on where enemies are and where your FC will escape from (escaping low? escaping high? mid secured?), where to cut off enemy flag carrier (stopping enemy from doing the previous), etc. and i'm not making this up, anyone can hop into the daily pugs, and see for themself that all this actually happens, and would be the same in instactf.

whereas, in duelling keeps, attack routes are non existent (2 ways into flag room, both obvious, but bottleneck is doubledoors), theres no ambiguity as to where to support team mates (get DD) or choice of exits for flag carriers, basically, its not strategy in a 5v5 game. requires barely any team work, apart from bunching together and pushing.
duelling keeps would be well suited for 2v2, max 3v3, i think thats what the creator had in mind when it was made.

anyway, i'm not saying people don't like duelling keeps, or shouldn't like duelling keeps (same for base seige for example). thats not my business. i'm putting forward the argument that for a competition, there should be a map pool which rewards good team work. surely thats not unreasonable :O

edit: btw, for the record, i'm arguing because this is supposed to be a discussion, and a place for people to vote. at the end of the day, i'll be happy to play on any of the maps the management decides. <3

anomvoltz

Postby anomvoltz » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:18 pm

cresh0r

Postby cresh0r » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:31 pm

zzzzz
new sig coming soon meanwhile..LOK OUT - DIKTEKTIV CRISH ON DA CAS

grrrdian

Re:

Postby grrrdian » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:05 pm

Return to “Talk Zone”