The God Delusion

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

Saratoga
Clan Leader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Saratoga » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:41 pm

That is exactly why most forums frown upon political & religious threads, because a vast majority of people simply can not agree to disagree, nor respect the other person's point of view or belief's.
Well done lads for stepping back from being so personal.
In Loving Honour & Memory of =PiT= Baldrick
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.><((((º>
Quote="SCUMBAG" Yes Baldy was a fuckin legend and will always live on here !! =etouQ

Dv8
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dv8 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:56 pm

Thx toga , i know you,ve been watching :-)

and your right politic's and religion always ends in heated debate even amongst family
and friends .

Noobitor
Clan Member

Re: The God Delusion

Postby Noobitor » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:14 pm

I personally would try not to insult anyone for their personnel beliefs or lack off beliefs , in their Religion or Atheism.
(unless they were hasling me about my beliefs or forceing their religion on me /clause)

For freedom of thought and freedom of belief are fundamental human rights only wavered by tyrants ,of which history has many examples.

Probably the most personnel thing of all things is ones belief. Whether right or wrong , belief colours the world we live in.
To each their own.

Spud , rationally , but without any proof what so ever ,:D ,
Just because you don't believe in fairies doesn't mean they don't exist , only in your belief they don't exist .
Reality , like it or not is not anyones belief. Reality IS and its our perceptions , awareness and beliefs that colour it.

Germs are a good example , Real yes ,but we only recently discovered them with advances of science and technology ,so with perception our view of reality changed and germs are a part of it , though they always have been.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belief

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality

kplxz ,some great reads there , Carlos Castenada?

LOL yer! :) , started out reading lobsang rampa when growing up , then much mind warping continued with the Carlos Castenada series ,through to the various western and eastern mystic traditions and mythologies , over the years.

The Way Of The Peaceful Warrior is a excellent read ,whether it is true or not is a moot point IMHO, like most of this Genre , its the thought that counts , or maybe the thought modes induced that counts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Way_of_the ... ul_Warrior

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Celestine_Prophecy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_L ... on_Seagull

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobsang_Rampa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dion_Fortune

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhagavad_Gita

As a Fung shui master once said
A good and honest heart is the best Fung Shui
Live to Gaunt
Gaunt to Live

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:31 pm

oH Fung Shui It .

Noobitor
Clan Member

Postby Noobitor » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:43 pm

lol dv8 ,i totally agree!
Live to Gaunt
Gaunt to Live

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:23 am

Noobitor
Clan Member

Postby Noobitor » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:40 pm

soz spud , didn't mean to single you out m8 ,and its me without any proof of fairies ,but I'm just saying even science hasn't worked out reality 100 percent yet ,still so much we don't know, so its impossible to say what's impossible.
Thata all i meant .
Our reality still has many mysteries .

sociopath alcoholic world leaders ?,yer probably more than one by the look of it.
Live to Gaunt
Gaunt to Live

spud
Wiggles

Postby spud » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:54 pm

no mate, I didn't mind. It meant I could rave further ;)

yep, still a lot to know, and plenty of things we'll possibly never know. But you know, if humankind can manage not to blow itself to hell (long odds I agree), then imagine what we will eventually know. I consider what isn't known to be a challenge rather than an insurmountable mystery that requires me to throw my hands up. Never say never - for all I know god will drop by tomorrow to say "lol atheists", and I'll laugh along with him. I just think it's more likely (by as much as it's possible for something to be more likely) that we will discover how life truly began (and other unknowns that will then previously have been within the realm of religious certainty), and I doubt the religious will be there to lol along with whoever makes that discovery.

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:34 pm

Didn't i say Fung Shui It .

And the debate continues , now when i was two who the hell took my tooth from
under my pillow and replaced it with 50c .

Can we start another thread ?

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:58 am

Brunowa
Clan Member

Postby Brunowa » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:02 am

Exactly.. Simply a way of ensuring behaviours in society are upholded and maintained... = purpose of bible

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:23 pm

Gubs i totally undrstand your question .

"My question is though, were the authors channelers? or Mediums? or mentalists? or how did God communicate his word to them, and does HE still do that today with others? Like how come it happened back then, ie he intervened, to help humanity find its path, and in the wake of that epic fail"

At the time of the writing of the bible , some writers were as they said told by angels to wright the things down , Why doesnt it happen now , because since the fall of man in the garden of eden , gods only purpose for having the bible written was to show how it would be fixed , by the birth and sacrifice of jesus , foretold to come through the lines of israel , that is the only thing that needed to be communicated , events are recorded after jesus but only involving the future plan of god , it is now satans world until we are at the point when god will step in and save us from ourselves and satan .

Satan , as the bible describes was a beutifull angel created with free will as we are , the problem that has changed gods plan was that satan wants gods position , he wants to be god , he wants gods creation he wants the praise , so he raised the question of gods right to rule and mans right to be left to his free will , although as a father and creator god has always and will always have our best interest at heart . He is a just god he has rules , you have free will , he loves you/everybody but if you break his rules which are only for our happiness and benefit then you will suffer the consequences of YOUR actions .ie murder.

God had to let satans question of his right to rule for the eternall benefit of mankind /all the angels were a witness to satans rebellion
he could not simply destroy them and have the question linger forever /angels were created with free will to .

Another point of interest as far as prophecy go,s at the time of jesus (the roman empire) it had currency and a barter system ,
thing is thousands of years ago in a time of currency was foretold in the endtimes , everybody will have to recieve a mark either on the forehead or hand in order to buy and sell .
Only now are we on the verge of a cashless society , things are unfolding behind the scenes to have everybody on the face of the earth to be given a unique ID ,(through electronic means etc.) amongst other prophecies being fullfilled right now , along with plans of peace between palestien and israel and the building of the third temple as a fullfilment of prophecy , all the origanal artifacts of the first temple have already been reproduced ready for when this temple is built .
Along with the one world government that is getting ready to bare its teeth .

I know it must sound far fetched , but when you actually know the bible , the way the world is being decieved , it makes alot of sense. Unforunately the whole world is being decieved (bible quote) not mine and as the bible says it will take the whole world by surprise (the ppl without understanding of the bible that is)

We live not only in a complex amazing world (with order) so it go,s back again to evolution vs creation .
you believe in god , that he created all things , has an eternal purpose for the world . Or you believe in evolution that life came from no life . ( an impossibility ) forget so called science for a second and think about it ( life CANNOT come from nothing ) a mixing of chemicals may produce an explosion , but i frikkin bet no life form will crawl out of it .

Time will tell i guess , but how could ppl of 2000 + years ago predict the demise of the human race ?
is science keeping things from us ?
Again they cant cure the common cold but "claim"to know the origins of the universe .

I have legitimate reasons for my beliefs ...
Last edited by Dv8 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:35 pm

"It seems such a vengeful process. Hardly a magnanimous move, the armageddon thing."

It will be vengefull against satan , Armageddon will be after the great tribulation which man will bring upon himself .
Armageddon is to save the world , God will step in just prior to man blowing himself and the earth into extinction .

Satan is leading the world to destruction not god , atm this is satans world , but yes theres an antichrist comming , ppl will get a choice to either worship him and deny god or the other way around which will determine your eternall destiny .
First job of the antichrist will be to abolish all religion .( and set up his own )
Myself and others will have to either publicly declare they do not believe in god or die , i know i will have to die to be saved ,
as the bible says (whoever loses his life for my sake will save it , but whoever wishes to save it will lose it) talking about the choice we will all have to make .

And no im far from crackers .

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:58 pm

hey this repetition of the notion that life cant come from nowhere and its impossible for life to come from nothing doesnt sit right with me.

The whole of the universe is a cradle of life with the necessary elements and building blocks all there like a big primordial soup. When the conditions combine at the right time and place life forms naturally.

Please watch this for a more precise explanation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D05ej8u-gU

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:27 pm

Will watch later tonight , when i get a chance , built a comp today as well as watching my twin boy's :roll:
(Edit just watched it)
I am aware that the universe has all the building blocks of life , that video showed me no astounding facts tho ,
no disrespect m8 , that doesnt sit right with me , that the collision of elements can kick of life , it is matter not life .
Energy , electricity , electrons whatever way you like to put it , will not spark the creation of life from non-living substances and then "evolve" into the "wonder" of earth , that doesnt sit right with me .

Really gubs this will obviously go around and around as i really dont care , what science has supposedly discovered .
I dont need science just common sense really to know that life cannot form from the impossible odds of blind chance creating even the simplist ( although complex ) of organisms .
And genetic mutations , always get corrected in a generation or two .
Co-evolution is simply bs .

What has science discovered that they havent told us ?

scientists are trying atm to make life from a mixture of chemicals etc , although havent succeded as yet , not
bad for supposedly knowing the origins of the universe , some say its contracting , some say its expanding .
The thing is IF they ever create life in a test tube , it will come from a scientist that (created it)

we,ll have to agree to disagree gubs , i respect your opinion , just watch for the changes ive mentioned , as i,ll watch
for advances in the scientific community .

See ya on QL ,

Deepest respect mate .

Return to “Talk Zone”