Lets not forget the origins of QUAKE!

Talk about anything you wish

Moderators: SCUMBAG, INKoRP, Clan Leader

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Brunowa
Clan Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Lets not forget the origins of QUAKE!

Postby Brunowa » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:56 am

100 Frags in 10 Minutes.

This is how quake is meant to be played! From the birthplace of the game we have today, on the map that started deathmatch. Fast, speed, agility, reflexes, super fast thinking, instincts, pin-point accuracy, movement like no tomorrow, pure domination.

Reload (Australia's #1) in full swing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OpkNQBz ... plpp_video

crooGz
Clan Member

Postby crooGz » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:57 pm

oh my... I remember the map.... just not the intensity...

Were these guys for real? was a keyboard player back then...

Thats some cool shit....

f..k
Last edited by crooGz on Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:06 pm

that was pretty crazy, dont remember the map, i only played Q1 in single player, never multi. The sound of those nades brings back memories of the day though, and shit Q1 was with a keyboard wasnt it!

jay
Clan Member

Postby jay » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:46 pm

Yeah the sounds are what gave me a huge case of nostalgia :) Quake was the first game after Doom1/2 that I figured out how to use a mouse and keyboard combo! Damn but those shamblers scared the fuck outta me! Like u Gubbs I only played single player Q1. Remeber how u had to get thru to the upper level at the entrance of the game to activate Nightmare mode? lol i shat myself when i found it! :D
Arguing on the internet is like winning the special Olympics. Even if you win you're still a 'tard!

Gubben
Clan Member

Postby Gubben » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:20 pm

yeah thats right, i still have my old disks and in fact the Vaio laptop it was loaded onto, which still has q2 on it and a huge selection of maps (many of which mappers from our clan (clan max) USA) made and they were awesome q2 maps. I like the sound in the current premium ctf map where there is a Q2 sound effects as well, noticed that? I forget the name of the map though so that aint much help :p

EDUBYA
Clan Member

Postby EDUBYA » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:17 pm

dm4 was awesome

Brunowa
Clan Member

Postby Brunowa » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:35 pm

Dubs... I just got QW again last week... we need to hit up a game :)

kdawg

Postby kdawg » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:44 am

Anyone thinking about playing qw, go to #ozquake on the gamesurge IRC network.

EDUBYA
Clan Member

Postby EDUBYA » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:12 pm

YES bruno!

Brunowa
Clan Member

Postby Brunowa » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:38 pm

dude, im going to idle in IPGN #1 FOREVER WAITIONG for you!@ Find me!

EDUBYA
Clan Member

Postby EDUBYA » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:01 am

forever alone - i need to reinstall quake again!

Brunowa
Clan Member

Postby Brunowa » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:02 am

definitely worth it... theres still a community with games happening every night... as always, so addictive and so much fun

Dv8
Clan Member

Postby Dv8 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:32 pm

Doom and Quake 1 , was the outright birth of multiplayer gamming , they simply dont make them like that anymore .
No more secret hidey holes or atmosphere , its all graphics at the expense of gameplay unfortunately , thankyou ID for Quakelive at least ...

Return to “Talk Zone”